These terms and conditions govern the use of this website and purchases of all products from Peckham's Scotland Limited trading as Peckham's Online. Please read this page before buying. By visiting this site and/or making a purchase you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Jurisdiction - These terms and conditions and all other material on our website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts to which both parties submit.
2. The products available to your for purchase on the site are supplied by Peckham's Scotland Limited, registered in Scotland (Registration No. SC302713) and whose registered office is 18 Bogmoor Place, Glasgow, G51 4TQ). Our VAT number is GB117 1321 57.
3. Site Use - Visitors may use the website solely for their own personal and non-commercial use. It is permitted to download, electronically copy or print out any of the contents on the conditions provided that it is for a non-commercial purpose. Access to the site is entirely at your own risk; by visiting the site you assume full responsibility for the cost of maintaining the equipment you use to access the site. Peckham's Scotland Limited accept no liability for any damages related to your use of or inability to access the site. Access to the site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time
4. Contract - No contract will be formed between Peckham's Scotland Limited and you for the sale by Peckham's Scotland Limited of any product unless and until Peckham's Scotland Limited accepts your order by sending an e-mail as confirmation that your order has been accepted. Peckham's Scotland Limited reserve the right not to process or accept any order on any ground whatsoever.
5. Capacity - Orders cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 18 years of age. By placing an order you warrant to Peckham's Scotland Limited that you are over eighteen years of age. Where you place an order but are under that age you are in material breach of contract and in breach of the law. The holder of the credit or debit card, which you use, will be fully liable for all sums so charged.
The sale of alcoholic beverages is regulated by law. Orders for alcoholic beverages will be accepted within the times stipulated by Scots Law.
6. Payment - can be made by MasterCard, Visa and Switch. (Do we not also accept Solo, Access, Delta.) We will not debit your credit card or debit card until an order has been accepted by us.
7. Availability & Product Information - All products offered are subject to availability and remain the property of Peckham's Scotland Limited until payment is received in full. We reserve the right to change, remove, substitute or modify any product,price, information or service on this site at any time and without prior notice. Prices, goods and availability are subject to change at any time,especially considering the perishable nature of some of our products.
We make every effort to accurately display our products. However, due to the divergence with regard to monitor display and colour capability, we are unable to guarantee that the product images are an accurate representation of the merchandise.
For presentation purposes, props have been used in certain photographs, such as plates and Christmas decorations may have been used. These are not included within the gift boxes, whose contents are fully itemised within the website.
We fully expect to fulfil all orders placed. However, in the exceptional circumstances when we are unable to fulfil an order wither in full or in part Peckham's Scotland Limited reserve the right to substitute any item for one of similar type and whose value is at least that of the ordered item. Depending on the service and item you have chosen, delivery can take between 1 and 8 working days. Peckham's Scotland Limited will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and will not be liable for any made due to late or cancelled deliveries.
8. Links - You are granted a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Peckhams.co.uk so long as the link does not portray Peckham's Scotland Limited, its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner. This does not extend to the use of any logo, trademark or proprietary design of Peckham's Scotland Limited. To do so, you must first obtain express written permission from Peckham's Scotland Limited.
Peckham's Scotland Limited is not responsible for nor assumes any liability for the contents of other websites or home pages, which are linked to Peckham's Scotland Limited's web pages. Peckham's Scotland Limited shall have no liability in respect of any material hyperlinked to Peckham's Scotland Limited's web pages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such laws as may be from time to time in force. The provision by Peckham & Rye Limited of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Peckham & Rye Limited to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Peckham's Scotland Limited of the material held there.
9. Intellectual Property - All information submitted to Peckham's Scotland limited through this website will become the exclusive property of Peckham's Scotland Limited. All rights including without limitation, copyright, design and trademark rights in the website are owned by Peckham's Scotland Limited.
Company names, designs, logos or graphics which constitute trademarks owned by third parties are included entirely for the benefit of the respective trademark owners and Peckham's Scotland Limited intends no infringement of such trademarks
All our products are guaranteed to comply with the provisions of the Sale of Goods Acts and all the statutory requirements and regulations relating to the sale of food and drink. We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that everything you buy from us leaves our premises in the best possible condition. We cannot accept responsibility for defects caused to the products that occur after delivery due to unsatisfactory handling or storage under unsuitable conditions.
To the extent permitted by Scots Law, Peckham's Scotland Limited shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of the services or any products sold from or referred to on this site. Peckham's Scotland Limited will not be liable for any action or failure to perform our obligations under this contract due to any person or persons or causes beyond our reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, failure, flood, lightning, fire, strike, lock out, trade dispute, traffic accident, traffic congestion any act or omission of any government or regulatory authority. Under such circumstances Peckham's Scotland Limited may have to either delay or cancel an order. This limitation of liability does not affect or diminish your statutory rights.
Any terms and conditions of sale that the purchaser may purport to impose shall form no part of this contract between the purchaser and Peckham's Scotland Limited. None of Peckham's Scotland employees has any authority to bind Peckham's Scotland Limited by oral agreement that its at variance with these terms and conditions of sale. All variation must be agreed in writing and approved by a Director of Peckham's Scotland Limited All the foregoing provisions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
11. Delivery Information -
Our standard home delivery charge is £8.95.
Highlands, Islands & extended delivery post codes £29.95
For multiple orders to one address or European delivery please contact our Gift Co on 0141 445 4555
Gifts can be collected from any of our branches at no charge. You will be given a choice of branches when you checkout.
Delivery of vouchers / tickets.
Standard recorded delivery charge is £1.50 .
Please note that the Royal Mail delivery service requires a signature on receipt for all gift vouchers. If there is no one there to sign for the vouchers, a card will be left by the postman with instructions on what to do.
Your gift vouchers will usually be dispatched after 2-3 working days, unless you wish to specify an alternative delivery date beyond that. We deliver Monday - Saturday except public holidays, and there are no deliveries between 24th Dec - 4th January.
Delivery of your Peckham's gift may take from 2 - 5 working days from the date of your order. If, for any reason this time is likely to be exceeded, we will contact you to discuss it. Deliveries are made from Monday-Friday, between 9.00am and 6.00pm. Deliveries may be made outwith these times on payment of a surcharge, please contact the gift compnay on 0141 445 5000/4555 to arrange this.
We will make every effort to deliver to the address on the parcel or to an appropriate neighbour. If there is no one at home, a card will be left with a telephone number for the recipient to call to arrange a suitable delivery day. If no contact is made then 2 more attempts at delivery will be made before our courier will automatically return the goods to us. If we have to re send the goods a second delivery charge will apply.
We accept no liability for the failure of goods to timeously reach their destination where this has been caused by the incomplete or incorrect mailing address being submitted by the customer or no recipient at address.
We deliver to any address within mainland UK. By personal arrangement through one of our Company representatives we can also deliver overseas (please call+44 141 445 4555). Please note that we may be unable to deliver to specific countries depending on their particular laws. Furthermore, the importation may attract a fee/duty, which the recipient may be required to pay although you may elect to pay this on their behalf. We accept no liability should local customs authorities wish to confiscate any particular item contained within the gift, or change any import duty.
Fresh, perishable food items must be sent on a next day timed service to arrive in the shortest possible time. When perishable items are received at the delivery address they should be immediately checked, refrigerated and consumed as soon as possible, and certainly within the timescale of the "use by" label where applicable. If you are in any doubt as to the condition of your fresh food on delivery, please telephone us on 0141 445 4555. This line is open from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Any complaints must be intimated in writing to us at 18 Bogmoor Place Govan, Glasgow, G51 4TQ within 3 days of delivery otherwise it will be assumed all foods were delivered in good merchantable quality free of defect. Time for intimation of claims is of the essence of the contract.
Thank you for reading the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any queries regarding these conditions, or any other aspect of our site, please feel free to contact our Head Office on 0141 445 4555.